- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles Locations and Hours
FIND WISCONSIN DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local wisconsin dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DMV
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information during normal operating hours at the different DMV Service Centers. You will need to call your preferred Service Centre to talk to a person. Pre-recorded general information is available at all times at the numbers below.
Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (800) 924-3570 or (608) 261-2583 or (414) 266-1000 - driver licenses and vehicle services (608) 266-2353 - driver licenses and ID cards
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles P.O. Box 7917 Madison, WI 53707-7917
You may also contact the DMV via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for issues concerning driver licensing.
- Email email@example.com for issues concerning titles, registrations and other vehicle services.
LOCATIONS BY CITYThe Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has locations in most cities throughout the State. Click here to find the DMV office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULINGApart from visiting DMV locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the DMV in different ways to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment online, or reschedule an existing appointment.
- Schedule a road test by calling the Bureau of Driver Services at (608) 266-2353.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- DMV Service Centers, most often, handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests for commercial licenses are performed by commercial driver's license agents. Different Service Centers have different hours of operation and are also open on different days and offer different services. Most Service Centers are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:30 pm, except on holidays approved by DMV. Some Centers are also open on Saturday. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred centre before visiting in person.
- Title/Registration Service Agents are authorized by the DMV to handle issues concerning titles, registration and registration renewals. These agents have different hours of operation. Please verify the hours of your preferred agent before visiting in person.
- Temporary License Plate Agents are authorized by the DMV to issue temporary license plates to vehicle owners. These agents have different hours of operation. Please verify the hours of your preferred agent before visiting in person.
- Commercial Drivers License Agents are authorized by the DMV to conduct road tests for drivers holding commercial licenses. These agents have different hours of operation. Please verify the hours of your preferred agent before visiting in person.
- Vehicle Inspection Test Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a Test Station near you. Operating hours for Test Stations are Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-6:00 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am-1:00 pm, except for holidays approved by DMV.