Tennessee Department of Revenue Locations and Hours
FIND TENNESSEE DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local tennessee dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE DOR
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for Driver License Issuance and from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for Vehicle Services Division, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Driver License Issuance Tennessee Department of Safety (866) 849-3548- toll-free (615) 253-5221 - local number
(615) 532-2281 - TTD (for hearing -impaired individuals)
Vehicle Services Division Tennessee Department of Revenue
(888) 871-3171 - toll-free, within Tennessee
(615) 741-3101 - from out-of-state and Nashville area
For driver licenses mail:
Tennessee Driver License Issuance 1150 Foster Avenue Nashville, TN 37243
For titles and registrations mail:
Vehicle Services Section Taxpayer and Vehicle Services Division 44 Vantage Way, Suite 160 Nashville, TN 37243-8050
You may also contact the Department of Safety via email for specific issues concerning licensing by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact the Department of Revenue via email with specific questions or issues concerning vehicle titling and registration by writing to T&R@state.tn.us.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTY
The Tennessee Department of Safety's Driver License Issuance and the Department of Revenue's County Clerks have office locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here to find the Driver License Station nearest you and click here to find the County Clerk location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULING
- Make a road test appointment, or reschedule an existing appointment for a regular license.
- Make a road test appointment for a commercial license by calling any of the following Driver License Stations: Davidson County Station at 615-532-9780, Hamilton County at 423-634-3127, Knox County at 865-594-6399, Madison County at 731-423-6622, Maury County at 931-380-2548, Putnam County at 931-528-5669, Shelby County at 901-543-7920, or the Washington County at 423-926-4911.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Full Service Driver License Stations handle issues concerning licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here. Full Service Stations are generally open on weekdays from 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, except for approved holidays; though some stations remain closed on Mondays and some on Fridays. Please verify the hours at your preferred Station before visiting in person.
- Express Service Driver License Stations handle issues concerning renewals and issuance of duplicate licenses and commercial licenses only. Not all Express Stations process commercial license related transactions. Different Express Stations operate at different hours, typically between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, except on approved holidays. Some of them are open on Saturdays also for a limited time. Please verify the hours and services offered at your preferred Station before visiting in person.
- County Clerk Offices deal with titles, registration, and more. Different offices operate at different hours, typically between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, except on approved holidays. Some of them are open on Saturdays also for a limited time. Please verify the hours and services offered at your local County Clerk Office before visiting in person.
- State Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a State Inspection Station near you. Operating hours for State Inspection Stations vary between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm for different locations, except for holidays. Please verify the hours at your preferred Station before visiting in person.