DMV Satisfaction Survey Results
A total of 2,275 Americans responded to a survey on dmv.com over a 4-month period starting on June 5th 2013. We used some of the questions on an infographic (seen here). These are questions that were used:
Dentist Vs DMV
1300 people responded to the question Would you rather go to the dentist or the DMV?
- 44.61% chose I’d rather go to the Dentist
- 55.38% chose I’d rather go to the DMV
Openness to Solutions1359 people responded to the question Do you want your state to invest in making more ‘DMV’ services available online?
- 69.76 responded Yes
- 0.09% responded No
- 20.90% responded Not Sure
- 34.22% responded Yes
- 34.73% responded No
- 31.05% responded Not Sure
Wait Time1575 people responded to the question: Please rate your overall satisfaction with the services offered by your state DMV
- Under “Wait Times” on a 5 point satisfaction scale, 15.05% gave it a 1 - Very dissatisfied and 16.19% gave it a 2 – Dissatisfied
- There were 9 possible answers starting at no wait time and increasing by 10 minute increments until 1 – 2 hours and 2+ hours. 47.02% gave a response that was above 30 minutes.
Discrimination and Rudeness1300 people responded to the question: Have you ever felt discriminated against by a ‘DMV’ employee because of your race, age, gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation
- 14.77% responded Yes
- 85.23% responded No
- 32.85% responded Yes
- 67.15% responded No