- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Oklahoma
In the state of Oklahoma, traffic schools are often referred to as ‘Driver Improvement Course’ (DIC). There are three reasons why people enroll in the Driver Improvement Courses:
- After a traffic violation where demerit points were awarded, the court will orders the driver to take a course at a traffic/driving school to improve their safe-driving skills.
- To receive insurance discounts.
- To reduce points from their driving record.
BENEFITSAny driver can enroll in a Driver Improvement Clinic at any time to receive the following benefits:
- Insurance Benefits - some insurance companies may offer premium discounts. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
- Driving Points Reduction- you will obtain a two point reduction from your driving record for 24 months if you complete a course.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?Either the court or the DPS (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver improvement program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court’s discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these clinics.
FEESDepending on the location, the fees for the course can vary. Please contact the course provider for details on individual pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver’s Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver’s license/permit, use the driver’s manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner’s permits.