- Bill of Sale: Comprehensive and Short-form printable documents
- Driving Records: Delivered instantly online
- Pay Traffic Tickets: Subject to availability by location
Also available online:
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission Locations and Hours
FIND NEW JERSEY DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local new jersey dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE MVC
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:30 am to 4:15 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services
(888) 486-3339 - toll-free, within New Jersey
(609) 292-6500 - from out-of-state
(609) 292-5120 - TTY (for hearing or speech-impaired individuals)
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission Customer Advocacy Office P.O. Box 403 Trenton, NJ 08666-0403
You may also contact the MVC via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email form for issues concerning licensing, registration, title, violations or other issues.
- Email form for issues concerning vehicle inspection, emissions testing or repairs.
LOCATIONS BY COUNTYThe New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) has locations in all counties throughout the State. Click here to find the MVC office location nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULINGApart from visiting MVC locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also use the MVC website to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a road test appointment, or reschedule an existing appointment.
- Schedule a vehicle inspection online.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Regional Service Centers handle issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests are performed only at road test facilities. Regional Service Centers are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Agencies deal with titles, registration, licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here, although road tests are performed only at road test facilities. General hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Driver Testing Facilities provide driver vision and knowledge testing services. You can also schedule a road test at these facilities, but the actual road test must take place at a road test facility. Driver testing facilities are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm and Saturday, 8:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays.
- Road Test Facilities are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm, except for legal holidays. After passing the vision and knowledge tests, you can schedule a road test, either online or at a Driver Testing Facility or Regional Service Center.
- State Inspection Stations are available for vehicle inspections. Click here to find a State Inspection Station near you. You can also get your vehicle inspected at a Private Inspection Facility. Operating hours for State Inspection Stations are Monday-Friday 7:00 am-4:30 pm and Saturday 7:00 am-12:00 pm, except for legal holidays. Once a week, the inspection stations are open until 7:00 pm.