How to Apply for a Motorcycle License in New Hampshire
You can apply for a motorcycle permit and license at any DMV office in New Hampshire. In order to apply for a motorcycle license you must first have a regular driver's license. You will also need to undertake a certified motorcycle training course.
Listed below are the requirements to obtain a motorcycle learner's permit:
- Complete the application form- original must be submitted in person; no photocopies are allowed. Have your picture taken.
- Pay an application fee ($55).
- Pass the vision test.
- Pass the written examination. See practice tests for more information on the written exam.
Learner's PermitOnce you complete the aforementioned prerequisites, you will be given an instruction permit. This permit will allow you to practice driving a motorcycle.
Learner's Permit RestrictionsWith your instruction permit you are not permitted to:
- Drive during the evening.
- Ride with any passengers.
Applying for a Motorcycle LicenseIf you have completed a motorcycle training course, you can take your certificate to any DMV office for a new license. If you are a permit holder:
- If you are between 16 and 18 you must have completed a driver's education course.
- Schedule a skills test with your local DMV office.
FeesThe application fee is $55. Your instruction permit and driver's license is included in this fee. If the application expires, some steps to acquiring the permit or license may have to be repeated.
- New drivers see our Driver Education , Driving Schools, Beginner Drivers and Learner's Permits for Beginner Drivers sections.
- For information on other types of licenses, see Commercial Driver's Licenses or other Drivers Licenses.
- Motorcycle insurance is required for all motorcycles operated in New Hampshire.