Montana Motor Vehicle Division Locations and Hours
FIND MONTANA DMV OFFICE LOCATIONS
Click here to find your local montana dmv office location
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE STATE MVD
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Pre-recorded general information is available at all other times.
Montana Motor Vehicle Division
(406) 846-6000 - Title and Registration Bureau
Alternate phone numbers are available for information about specific topics.
Motor Vehicle Division Department of Justice Scott Hart Building, Second Floor 303 North Roberts P.O. Box 201430 Helena, MT 59620-1430
For titles and registrations:
Title and Registration Bureau Motor Vehicle Division Montana Department of Justice 1003 Buckskin Drive Deer Lodge, MT 59722
You may also contact the MVD via email with specific questions or issues.
- Email for the Motor Vehicle Division - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email for the Title and Registration Bureau - email@example.com
LOCATIONS BY COUNTYThe Montana Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) has Driver License Exam Stations (for licensing) and County Treasurer Offices (for titling and registration) throughout the State. Click here to find the Exam Station nearest you and click here to find the Treasurer Office nearest you.
APPOINTMENTS AND SCHEDULINGApart from visiting MVD locations to schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, you may also contact the MVD to schedule certain activities in advance:
- Make a motorcycle endorsement test appointment by calling any Driver License Exam Station, or reschedule an existing appointment.
- Make a road test appointment for a commercial license, by calling the CDL Help Desk at (406) 444-3244.
TYPES OF LOCATIONS
- Driver License Exam Stations handle issues concerning licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more. You can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests here. Driver Exam Stations are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm, but days and hours of operation differ from office to office. Please check before you visit. Keep in mind the legal holidays.
- County Treasurer Offices deal with titles and registration. General hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm but days and hours of operation differ from office to office. Please check before you visit. Keep in mind legal holidays.