- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Montana
In the state of Montana, people enroll in traffic schools or driver improvement programs mainly for two reasons:
- After a traffic violation where demerit points were awarded, the court orders the driver to take a course at a traffic/driving school to improve their safe-driving skills.
- To receive insurance discounts.
- Drivers who complete state approved driver programs get a 50% reduction on license reinstatement fees.
- Any driver can enroll in a driver improvement program at any time to improve his or her driving skills.
- Insurance benefits - some insurance companies offer premium discounts to people who complete driver improvement programs. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?Either the court or the MVD (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver improvement program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court's discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these clinics.
FEESFees are usually around $60. Please contact the provider for exact pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver's Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver's license/permit, use the driver's manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner's permits.