A Mississippi Driver's License can be renewed either online or in person at a local Department of Public Safety (DPS) office.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- The Mississippi Department of Public Safety will send you a renewal notice before expiration.
- You may renew your Mississippi driver's license up to six months prior to expiration date.
TO RENEW IN PERSON
You must bring:
- Your expiring license or proof of identity.
- If your name or address has changed, appropriate documentation is required (court order, marriage license, birth certificate, etc.)
- Your Social Security card.
- The renewal fee of $20.
TO RENEW ONLINE
You can renew your regular (class R) Mississippi Driver's License online
every alternate period, provided there is no change in your name or address since the last renewal.
- Your current license.
- Debit or Credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or an electronic check to make the payment (An additional payment of $3.87 is levied for all online transactions, which includes handling and postal charges).
You can renew online up to a year after expiration date or up to six months before expiration. There is an additional charge of $1 when renewing after expiration.
The renewed driver's license will arrive by mail within 10 to 12 days.