How to Renew a Driver's License in Missouri
A Missouri Driver's License can be renewed in person at any Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) exam station.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Your Missouri driver's license will generally expire on your birthday. The expiration year depends on your age when the expiring license was issued:
Driver's Age at License Issue or Last RenewalValidity of License 18-20license valid for 3 years 21-69license valid for 6 years 70 and olderlicense valid for 3 years
- It is advisable to renew your driver's license before the birthday on which it will expire. You can renew your license any time in the six months leading up to its expiration.
- You will receive a renewal notice from the Department of Revenue before expiration date.
- Your driving privileges expire on midnight of your birthday if you do not renew. However, you will still have an additional six months to renew your license without any additional testing requirements.
TO RENEW IN PERSONYou must bring:
- Your expiring license or proof if the expiring license is not available
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- proper identification (It can be a phone or other utility bill, property tax receipt, most recent bank statement, voter ID card, or any recent official letter with a state government agency's letterhead).
- proper identification (Any of the following documents) (Those who are 65 years of age and above need not give proof of lawful presence for renewing the driver's license)
- Renewal fee of $20 for a six-year renewal and $10 for a three-year renewal, payable by cash or check.
TO RENEW BY MAIL:Only active duty military personnel and their dependents who are out-of-state at the time of license expiry, can renew by mail. Complete this application form and follow the instructions given in the form. Mail all the documents to:
Driver License Bureau 301 West High Street - Room 470 Jefferson City, MO, 65105-0200The application will be processed within 10 days.