- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Maryland
In Maryland you cannot have traffic violations or demerit points reduced or taken off your record by going to a traffic school.
There are still a few reasons why enrolling in traffic schools is a good idea:
- To receive insurance discounts.
- To improve your safe driving techniques and become a better, safer driver.
- To keep abreast of the laws and to get a better understanding of them.
BENEFITSSome insurance companies may offer premium discounts to drivers completing safe driving courses. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount. You may not be eligible for insurance premium discounts if the course has been court ordered.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?Either the court or the MVA (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver improvement program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court’s discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these courses.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver’s Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver’s license/permit, use the driver’s manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner’s permits.