- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Indiana
In the state of Indiana, traffic schools are often referred to as âDriver Safety Programs. The reasons why people enroll in the Driver Safety Program:
- After a traffic violation, the court may order the driver to take a course as an option against suspending a license or as an additional penalty for those accumulating 18 or higher points in two years. The Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) may order the program for a person with two or more convictions for traffic violations.
- To receive insurance discounts.
- To remove four points from your driving record for Indiana once in three years.
- To get a waiver of the road test requirement by passing a driver education course conducted by an approved provider.
BENEFITSAny driver can enroll in a Driver Safety Program at any time to receive the following benefits:
- Insurance Benefits - some insurance companies may offer premium discounts. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
- Driving Points - you will receive four points if you complete a course. These points can be used to counteract demerit points.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?Either the court or the BMV (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver safety program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court's discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these courses. You will have to pay the fee or finish the course and if it is NOT completed successfully in the specified time your driving privileges will be suspended.
FEESDepending on the location, the four hour program or online courses can cost up to $50.00. Please contact individual providers for more details on individual pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver's Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver's license/permit, use the driver's manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner's permits.
- Online courses are available for truck drivers and mature drivers.
- Requirement of undergoing this program is notified by mail.
- For details of driver safety programs approved by BMV, call (317) 233-6000 option #1.