Auto Insurance Quotes
- 1Enter your zip code below
- 2Select an insurance company
- 3Compare additional quotes and SAVE!
California Car Insurance Regulations
As soon as you purchase a vehicle in California, it becomes important to get auto insurance before you can drive. Car accidents are very common and unpredictable. Auto insurance is the insurance that will help to protect you against damage to your vehicle and injury to you and/or others in case of such an accident. DMV.com is a great place to find the right California car insurance for your needs.
WHY DO I NEED INSURANCE?
You can’t drive legally on California roads unless you have auto insurance. If you are in an auto accident or are stopped by a law enforcement officer and do not have proof of insurance, this can be a serious offense and your license and registration can be suspended and you may be heavily fined. The officer may also impound your vehicle for driving without liability insurance.
CALIFORNIA CAR INSURANCE PROVIDERS
Choosing the right insurance coverage for your California vehicle is not an easy task. There are a number of variables to be considered. Apart from the different types of coverage, it is also important to find the right insurance to fit your budget. And, of course, there are a lot of insurance companies to choose from. A good way to start with the process is to get a California car insurance quote from DMV.com in order to find out what would work best for your needs and your pocket.
In California, car insurance is offered by top insurance providers such as
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford Group
- AARP Auto Insurance Program
- US Insurance Online.com
- Quote Wizard
- Safe Auto Insurance
CALIFORNIA CAR INSURANCE REQUIREMENTSCalifornia car insurance comes in the following forms:
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance – This compensates injured parties during auto accidents in both vehicles.
- Property Damage Liability Insurance – This protects you during an accident which is your fault and which results in damaging another person’s vehicle or other property.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Insurance – This is protection against expenses that you may incur on account of injury to yourself or your passenger/s in your vehicle when hit by another driver who doesn’t have insurance. Without this coverage, you will not receive any compensation if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver and he/she is at fault.
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability of one person: $15,000
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability to more than one person: $30,000
- Property Damage: $5,000
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Auto insurance is mandatory and driving without the proper documentation can lead to significant fines or even suspension of your license.
- Saving money on auto insurance can be simple if you compare California car insurance quotes from different insurance providers here at DMV.com