As soon as you purchase a vehicle in California, it becomes important to get auto insurance before you can drive. Car accidents are very common and unpredictable. Auto insurance is the insurance that will help to protect you against damage to your vehicle and injury to you and/or others in case of such an accident. DMV.com is a great place to find the right California car insurance for your needs.
WHY DO I NEED INSURANCE?
You can’t drive legally on California roads unless you have auto insurance. If you are in an auto accident or are stopped by a law enforcement officer and do not have proof of insurance, this can be a serious offense and your license and registration can be suspended and you may be heavily fined. The officer may also impound your vehicle for driving without liability insurance.
CALIFORNIA CAR INSURANCE PROVIDERS
Choosing the right insurance coverage for your California vehicle is not an easy task. There are a number of variables to be considered. Apart from the different types of coverage, it is also important to find the right insurance to fit your budget. And, of course, there are a lot of insurance companies to choose from. A good way to start with the process is to get a California car insurance quote from DMV.com in order to find out what would work best for your needs and your pocket.
In California, car insurance is offered by top insurance providers such as
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford Group
- AARP Auto Insurance Program
- US Insurance Online.com
- Quote Wizard
- Safe Auto Insurance
DMV.com can help you to get quotes from high quality insurance providers like the ones listed above and more, so that you can get multiple quotes, compare them and then choose the best rate. DMV.com is your one stop shop for California car insurance quotes
. The providers listed here offer the best rates in the market and can help you save. All you have to do is just fill the form on this page and submit your information so that you can start receiving quotes for your desired coverage.
CALIFORNIA CAR INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
California car insurance comes in the following forms:
- Bodily Injury Liability Insurance – This compensates injured parties during auto accidents in both vehicles.
- Property Damage Liability Insurance – This protects you during an accident which is your fault and which results in damaging another person’s vehicle or other property.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Insurance – This is protection against expenses that you may incur on account of injury to yourself or your passenger/s in your vehicle when hit by another driver who doesn’t have insurance. Without this coverage, you will not receive any compensation if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver and he/she is at fault.
Though you can opt for different types of insurance and coverage, state law makes it mandatory to have a minimum coverage on specific types of California car insurance. The minimum coverage that you have to have include:
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability of one person: $15,000
- Bodily Injury/Death Liability to more than one person: $30,000
- Property Damage: $5,000
You can choose this minimum mandatory coverage from any of the insurance providers listed on this page, but you don’t have to stop there. You have the option of choosing additional coverage as you wish.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Auto insurance is mandatory and driving without the proper documentation can lead to significant fines or even suspension of your license.
- Saving money on auto insurance can be simple if you compare California car insurance quotes from different insurance providers here at DMV.com