How to Register a Boat or Water Craft in Arizona
Most new boats must be registered through the Arizona Game and Fish Department before they can be sailed.
VESSELS THAT REQUIRE REGISTRATION
- Any motorboat including those powered by electric motors.
VESSELS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION
- Boats registered in another country temporarily plying in Arizona waters
- Boats owned by the United states, a solitary state, a county, or a municipality for official purposes
- A ship's lifeboat
- Any boat that is propelled only by oars or paddles
- Boats registered in another state or with the U.S. Coast Guard and not being used in Arizona for more than 90 days
TO REGISTER IN PERSON
- You can register a boat only in person for the first time by visiting one of the offices or agencies of the Game and Fish Department.
- You must bring a completed boat registration application and proof of ownership such as a bill of sale, invoice, previous registration, bill of lading, certificate of origin, or out-of-state title.