- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Arkansas
In the state of Arkansas, traffic schools offer defensive driving courses. There are three reasons why people enroll in the traffic schools:
- After a traffic violation resulting in your license being suspended, taking a course at a traffic/driving school to improve your safe-driving skills may be required before your license can be reinstated.
- To receive insurance discounts.
- To receive safe driving points.
BENEFITSAny driver can enroll in a defensive driving course at any time to receive the following benefits:
- Insurance Benefits - some insurance companies may offer premium discounts. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
- Safe Driving Points - some courses give you safe driving points on completion. These points can be used to counteract demerit points.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?Either the court or the OMV (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver improvement program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court's discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these courses. You will have to complete it within the stipulated time.
FEESThe cost varies depending on the location of the clinics. Please contact the Driver License Section at 501-682-7052 or the Driver Control Section at (501) 682-1631 for more details on individual pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver's Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver's license/permit, use the driver's manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner's permits.