- Court ordered traffic school
- Traffic ticket dismissal
- Insurance reductions
GoToTrafficSchool.com is a 3rd party company that sponsors this ad for traffic school services. This service is not affiliated with any government agencies and is not endorsed by any government agency or DMV.com. To read more about this company and it's services visit www.gototrafficschool.com
DMV.com is a privately owned guide for motor vehicle information and is not affiliated with any government agencies. DMV.com does not endorse or gaurantee any sponsored or partner products listed on this site. In using DMV.com you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this site
By clicking on this ad you will leave DMV.com.
If you would like more information about advertising on DMV.com please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise. If you have any feedback or questions about the use of this site please go to www.dmv.com/contact/advertise
Traffic/Driving Schools in Alabama
In the state of Alabama, traffic schools offer defensive driving courses. There are various reasons why people enroll in these schools:
- After a traffic violation where demerit points were awarded, the court may order the driver to take a course at a traffic/driving school to improve their safe-driving skills.
- A court may include driver education as one of the conditions of probation.
- To receive insurance discounts.
This program is designed to help you to learn defensive driving techniques that will make you a safer driver. There are various locations for these clinics offered in Alabama which are approved by the Alabama Department of Public Safety Driver License Division. Please contact the Driver License Division for more information on the location of these clinics.
Any driver can enroll in a traffic school at any time to receive the following benefits:
- Insurance Benefits - some insurance companies may offer premium discounts. Please check with your insurance representative to see if you qualify for this discount.
- Safe Driving Points - you may receive safe driving points if you complete a clinic. These points can be used to counteract demerit points.
Note: If you take a defensive driving course for the insurance benefits you may not qualify for the safe driving points. Also, if the course has been court ordered you will not be eligible for the insurance premium discount.
WHEN IS IT MANDATORY?
Either the court or the DPS (when notified by the courts) may order you to successfully complete a driver improvement program when you have been convicted of a moving or traffic violation. It is under the court's discretion as to whether or not you will be mandated to take one of these courses.
The cost varies depending on the location of the schools. Please contact the Driver License Division for more details on individual pricing.
- If you are looking for information on how to get your license or permit, see Driver's Education.
- Please click on defensive driving schools for details about other safe driving courses.
- When studying for your driver's license/permit, use the driver's manual to help you learn about safe driving techniques and traffic laws.
- For more licensing and safe-driving information for beginning drivers, see learner's permits.